Loading some great jobs for you...
JOB TITLE: Busser REPORTS TO: Manager
PERFORMS THE FOLLOWING TASKS TO PROMOTE TEAMWORK:
· Practices proper time reporting (i.e., punches in and out accurately).
· Arrives to work on time, in the proper work attire, and ready to work.
· Is neat and well-groomed for every shift and in immaculate and proper work attire.
· Demonstrates a helpful, positive attitude at all times to guests and employees.
· Understands and adheres to all safety, sanitation, and administrative procedures.
· Provides complete and timely communication to other employees throughout the shift.
· Is prepared to conduct weekly maintenance duties.
· Completes all assigned tasks and duties requested by managers.
PREPARES FOR A SHIFT BY PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
· Inspects building exterior by walking around the building to identify areas that may require immediate cleaning.
· Places table settings and silverware rolls at each place setting to prepare table for guests.
· Stocks stations with silverware rolls, take-out containers, and napkins to ensure adequate supplies are available.
· Reads the communication board and talks with managers or other employees to learn important information.
· Performs additional duties including emptying trash and cleaning restrooms to ensure restaurant is organized and prepared.
EXECUTES THROUGHOUT THE SHIFT BY PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
· Pre-busses tables by removing dishes from the table and transporting to dish area to make environment clean and orderly.
· Sweeps floors in dining area, lobby, etc., with a broom to remove trash and to maintain cleanliness of the restaurant.
· Monitors dining room tables to ensure they meet or exceed standards (e.g., proper table symmetry, non-streaked glassware).
· Prepares tables for each party of guests by removing dirty dishes and linens, sweeping floor and wiping seats around table, and resetting table with fresh paper and clean dishes.
· Carries dirty dishes, glassware, and silverware out of dining room and bar to the dish area for cleaning.
· Sorts dirty dishes, glassware, and silverware to prepare them for washing and to assist the dishwasher.
· Transports clean dishware from dish area to ensure adequate supplies remain on hand during shift.
· Fills ice bins with ice and empties trash as needed.
· Assists other employees and guests as needed to ensure teamwork.
· Inspects and maintains restrooms by replenishing toiletries, wiping down surfaces with a sanitized cloth, and cleaning up spills to ensure clean, well-stocked restrooms.
· Answers questions guests may have regarding food, beverages, restaurant, and service using knowledge of the restaurant.
· Listens to guests’ complaints and comments and informing the manager.
EXECUTES AT THE END OF THE SHIFT BY PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
· Ensures that tables are set and dining room is immaculate before the start of the next shift.
· Completes all closing duties, including stocking, cleaning, etc., as assigned.
· Checks out with a manager before leaving to ensure all duties and sidework have been completed and performed to standard.
· Reads work schedule to determine when next shift and work time will occur.
· Able to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English.
· Able to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs. to waist level.
· Able to move items up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 25 feet.
· Able to remain standing and active for an 8-12 hour shift.
· Able to hear, understand, and respond to employees’ and guests’ requests in a loud environment.
· Able to tolerate exposure to cold and hot temperatures (below 0 F and above 90 F) throughout the shift.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...